Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby in Six Months

The one in the middle is not pregnant :(

After more than four years of trying to have a baby, Clay and I are more hopeful than ever. We are praying to be pregnant within the next six months. So, today is September 28, 2009... that means we are praying for a baby in my belly by March 28, 2010.

We are still in the process of adopting from China, but right now, it will be at least 36 months before he or she arrives in our home. So, this seems like a great time to get pregnant!

Of course God's timing is always perfect, and we know that He may deny our request, but for the next six months, we are going to do everything within our power to make a baby (Feel free to insert your own joke here).

I love this quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, which reminds me of the importance of complete commitment:

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.

Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.

So, we have begun a period of complete committment. That inlcudes daily prayer and inviting our friends to pray with us! We would be honored by any of your prayers. Below are some specific requests:

1. That we would fall more in love with God and each other through this process.

2. For God to bless us with a pregnancy witin six months

3. Pray for God to lead us to the right doctors, medicine, herbs, food, and information.

4. For God to be glorified through our story, no matter what.



5 comments:

  1. I will be PRAYING!! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's at work! I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration to me. I don't think you know how much I admire you and miss getting to be around you every day! I will definitely be praying for you, Clay and baby Osburne. With God, all things are possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily,
    I don't know if you remember me but I lived in the Woodlands years ago...my husband Jeff and I went through a long, hard, trying journey of infertility, surrogacy, loss of our babies and ultimately a healthy pregnancy. For many years I have been praying for you and Clay, praying for God's provision in your lives. I just want you to know that I read (and love) your blog and that Jeff and I are committed to praying for you, Clay and the baby God has for you. I would love to talk if you are ever interested. God has carried me through some incredible times but now He is showing me the reason, the journey and what His plans were for me all along.
    Please know that we are praying, we are committed to a daily prayer for you both till God fills your arms with that baby you have so longed for.
    All of our love and prayers in this season of your life.
    Katie and Jeff Gordon

    ReplyDelete