Thursday, April 2, 2009

6 Lessons About the Cross

Even after all the books we have read, classes we have taught and resolutions we have made, Clay and I still hurt one another. We have been married for nine years and we even teach classes on conflict resolution. But the other day, all the lessons went out the window. We had a good ole fashioned silent fight. And somehow, miraculously, after two days of childishness, we forgave one another completely. It was the closest I have ever felt to my husband.

It made me realize, even more, that forgiveness is the true path to intimacy. God's design for forgiveness was revealed to me through our relationship and below are six lessons I have learned about the beauty of the cross through my marriage to Clay.

1. Undeserved forgiveness is a powerful force.


2. Painful sacrifice is a love language that everyone understands.


3. Sin can cause wounds far deeper than knives or swords.


4. The strength of persevering love influences change.


5. The history of countries, cities and families are changed when intense loves intervenes.


6. A close relationship with someone who really knows you is so worth the effort.




No comments:

Post a Comment