Friday, January 29, 2010

15 Classic Chick Flicks for a Girls' Night In

Last weekend, I hosted my first slumber party in years. After manicures, pedicures, and exercise videos, we were ready for a chick flick. We debated as to which movies top the list of greatest chick flicks. Below are a few we mentioned:

1. Steel Magnolias
Truvy: "I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence."

2. Baby Mama
Angie: "I'm sorry I farted into your purse."

3. Julie & Julia
Paul Child: "You are the butter to my bread you are the breath to my life."

4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Andie: "True or False - All's fair in love and war."

5. Can't Buy Me Love
Cindy: "Just going out with me is not going to make you popular."

6. Flashdance
Nick: "When you give up your dream, you die."

7. Two Weeks Notice
Lucy: "Please don't tell me you called me out of a wedding to pick out a suit."

8. Serendipity
Dean: "You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They just asked one question after a man died: 'Did he have passion?'"

9. Father of the Bride
George: "This was the moment I'd been dreading for the past six months. Well, actually, the past 22 years."

10. Sleepless in Seattle
Sam: "I knew it the first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I'd ever known."

11. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Aunt Voula: "What do you mean he don't eat no meat?"

12. Shag
Luanne: "If I'm not engaged by the time I'm twenty, I'm going to kill myself."

13. Sweet Home Alabama
Melanie: "You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. And I want you to be the last."

14. Legally Blonde
Elle: "The rules of hair care are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known."

15. Grease
Sandy: "What happened to the Danny Zuko I met at the beach?"

Question: What movies and quotes top your list of all-time great chick flicks?

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely partial to Baby Mama! It's a great flick to pass out to when you're belly's full of health food and sour patch kids! :P

    ReplyDelete