Thursday, May 21, 2009

7 Reasons to Pick up Your Spouse at the Airport

After six days in Estes Park at the Colorado Christian Writers' Conference, I was thrilled to arrive, safe and sound, at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta. I was exhausted from the trip, excited about all I had learned and looking forward to seeing Clay. I expected him to drive up to the curb and throw my suitcases in the car, but he was actually waiting for me in baggage claim. What a great surprise! We ate together in the airport and exchanged presents and starred adoringly into one another's eyes (okay, the last part is an exaggeration). Below are 7 reasons to park the car and walk into the airport and pick up your spouse:

1. The reunion is more dramatic when you can run, hug and take time to reunite without the excessive honking of the carline.

2. The weary traveler is oh so thankful for someone to help with the suitcases.

3. If there are any problems with lost luggage, it is nice to go through it with someone who is calm.

4. Travelers are generally tired and lonely and never more excited to see a familiar face.

5. In the movies, true love always happens at the terminal. That is because the two lovers cannot wait another second... they must see their sweetheart as soon as possible. Maybe I have seen too many movies and so, I'm spoiled. And now, with the security risk, you cannot wait at the terminal... but you can wait in baggage claim.

6. Everyone likes to see their special someone waiting with flowers, or a sign, or chocolate... you get the point.

7. It's a great way to go the extra mile for the person you love most in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, when I read "scavenger hunt" I almost threw up. Why does it not surprise me that you are still a scavenger hunt queen?

    ReplyDelete